Objectives the Park will fulfill
The new park will accommodate the modernization, expansion and relocation program of foundries of Howrah in West Bengal and even from other parts of India through cluster approach, enabling them to capitalize on the increased demand in both the domestic and international market. The annual growth rate of foundry industry after relocation to the park is expected to be much higher than that it would realize in the existing set-up. Infrastructure and common facilities of international standards will enhance quality and productivity with reduced production costs and would thus enhance the competitiveness of the industry. The park will have provision and infrastructure for technology transfer, Research & Development and marketing set-up.
Master Plan has been developed giving due importance to all the factors that are responsible for the success of a well-planned Foundry Park. The site planning of the Foundry Park is dependent on spatial distribution of land for various functional uses which include.
- Industrial plots
- Common facilities like ITI, Tool Room/testing Laboratory
- Information, Marketing, HRD & Management Upgradation Centre
- Adequate road network, Power and water distribution systems and drainage system.
- Open spaces/Landscaping ( Green Belt, Horticulture, Arboriculture & Water Bodies )
- Guesthouse, canteen and allied facilities.
- Utilities including Fire Station, Bank counters, Post office etc.
- Landscaping, buffer zone of dense vegetation and water bodies
FCDA received Environment Clearance from Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF), Govt of India and also NOC to establish from West Bengal Pollution Control Board(WBPCB). Both these approvals are under process of being renewed.